- Blinds.com Guarantees
- Privacy and Security
- Payment and Fees
- Order Changes and Refunds
- Shipping and Processing
SureFit™ - Guaranteed to Fit
SureFit™ is a Blinds.com exclusive to give you peace of mind about measuring your blinds.
If you made a mistake in measuring your blinds, you can get a new blind - a 100% exchange, at no cost. This is limited to 4 blind remakes per household (unless the error is ours, in which case, we'll make it right!). No cash refunds, same-product same-color exchanges only, within 15 days of receipt of package.
Blinds.com extends our product warranty to the original purchaser for our custom made products, which are properly installed in the original window, with proof of purchase. Products sold under brand names other than Blinds.com will be covered by the specific warranty of the manufacturer. Please view our Product Warranty page for more information.
Safe and Secure Internet Commerce
When you place orders, all of your information is processed through our secure server. We utilize industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology that encrypts all your information before it is sent to us. If you would prefer not to place your order online, simply contact us by phone and a customer service representative will take it for you.
We accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express online. Cashier's checks, personal checks and money orders must be mailed to our office before your order can be started. All orders paid by check will require a holding period of 5-7 days for your check to clear before the order will be put into production. In some cases, coupon discounts may be offered via coupon codes; note that only one coupon code may be used per order.
Order Processing Fees
Our flat rate for order processing is $4.95 per order, which represents just a small fraction of our actual handling costs.
Since we are based in Texas, we collect 8.25% sales tax on all orders shipped to Texas addresses. We will not impose a sales tax on orders that are delivered outside of the state of Texas unless such taxes are imposed on Internet sales by law.
Starting March 1, 2010, a new Colorado law requires retailers to notify its customers that they will owe Colorado use tax on all items purchased if no sales tax was paid to the retailer. You can report the use tax owed on such purchases on Colorado Use Tax Form DR 0252. If you have any questions, call the Colorado Department of Revenue at 303-238-7378.
Kentucky residents: This site does not collect Kentucky sales or use tax. Effective July 1, 2013, a new Kentucky law requires Kentucky purchasers to report all items purchased if no sales tax was paid to the retailer unless exempt under Kentucky law. The tax may be reported and paid on the Kentucky individual income tax return or by filing a consumer tax return with the Kentucky Department of Revenue. The referenced forms can be found at the Kentucky Department of Revenue. Please refer to KRS 139.450 for further details regarding these use tax notification requirements.
Changes, Cancellations and Refunds
Because our products are custom made to your exact specifications, they are not suitable for resale in the ordinary course of business. Therefore, it is important that you are sure of your decisions before you finalize your purchase. Below are some points about how we handle cancellations and changes:
- Since production typically starts the morning after the order is placed, cancellations and changes can only be made for a period of 12 hours after your online order is finalized.
- If you cancel your order during this 12 hour period, we will refund your money.
- Under no circumstance can we either refund any money or issue any credits for a credit card purchase if the cancellation or change occurs at any time beyond this 12 hour period.
- On extremely rare occasions there may be delays caused by out-of-stock materials, shipping delays, temporary factory overload, holidays, or other factors beyond our control. In the event of a known delay and a manufacturer notifies us, you will be contacted that day.
- We reserve the right to reject any order, at our discretion.
Inspection of Merchandise
IMPORTANT: If you notify us that your merchandise has been damaged in shipment or was made incorrectly within 7 days of the date that the merchandise is delivered to you, we will have the damaged merchandise either repaired or replaced at no cost to you. If you do not notify us that the merchandise has been damaged in shipment during this 7 day period, we won't be able to do so. All damaged shipments must be signed for as damaged.
We want your ordering experience to be as simple as possible, which is why we offer free shipping in the 48 contiguous United States on nearly all products.
Here are some notes on shipping:
- Orders are shipped via United Parcel Service(UPS) and/or FedEx.
- No shipments can be made to PO Box addresses.
- For the fastest service possible, we ship most products directly FOB from the manufacturing facility located closest to you.
- If your package is too large to ship by UPS or FedEx, we will ship it FOB the manufacturer's facility via freight carrier, usually to your front door.
- Because of package weight and how they’re crated, shutters do not ship for free.
In the extremely rare event that your windows are oversized, the following shipping charges apply to all orders that are 94" wide and/or long and up:
48 Contiguous United States
|Blinds and Shades||under 94" wide||FREE|
|Horizontal Blinds and Shades||wider than 94"||$70 per shipment per manufacturer|
|Bio Arches||wider than 48"||$70 per shipment per manufacturer|
|Vinyl Verticals and Vertical Cellular Shades (vertiglides)||longer than 94"||$70 per shipment per manufacturer|
|Verticals||longer than 130"||$150 per shipment per manufacturer|
|Faux Wood Shutters||Table Cell||$55 shipment fee|
|Certain Wood Shutters||Table Cell||$70 shipment fee|
|Exterior Porch Shades||wider than 94"||$150 per shipment per manufacturer|
Hawaii and Alaska
Below are the additional costs for shipping to Alaska and Hawaii. Find your product on the chart above and add the following to your order to get an estimated shipping cost.
|Ground: Add $50 per blind||Ground: Add $30 per blind|
|2-Day: Add $100 per blind||2-Day: Add $60 per blind|
|1-Day: Add $150 per blind||1-Day: Add $90 per blind|
Different types of window treatments are often made in different manufacturing facilities. For the fastest delivery, we ship each product to you as soon as it is ready. That way, you'll have your order as soon as possible!
For shipments that are required to be sent via a Common Carrier (blinds wider than 94" wide) it is highly recommend that you inspect all packages for damage.
- Any damage needs to be noted on you Bill of Lading – any damage not noted is not eligible for a remake free of charge.
- Minor damaged product may be able to be used and should be accepted and noted.
- There is a 7 day time period to report any unusable product for a remake.
- Badly damaged product should be refused and reported to us. It will be remade immediately.
International Shipping (Canada)
Click here for freight forwarding information and contacts.
Delivery times given are estimates based on normal production and shipping times, and may vary depending on the product, especially if the product is shipping from out of the country. Please e-mail us for a better estimate of delivery times!
- Estimated delivery times include working days after our receipt of your completed order and exclude weekends, holidays and factory closing days.
- On occasions, there may also be delays caused by out-of-stock merchandise, inventory-taking, temporary factory overload, or other unforeseen problems.
Discontinued and/or Back Ordered Items
At times, products or colors are discontinued or placed on backorder by manufacturers with whom we work. We make every effort to remove discontinued items as soon as we are made aware of them and will notify you whenever we receive notice of any backorders.