Outside Mount Instructions - Width
- Attaches to the wood frame or mounts above the molding.
- Make sure to measure wide enough to cover the entire window and provide for minimum light gap. Adding 6" to 8" is recommended. Example: if the window opening is 70", by ordering 76" it will provide 3" coverage on each side of the window.
- The valance will be about 2" wider, than the width ordered, for valance returns.
- This is the width measurement you will order; width is always the first measurement recorded.
- If you specify outside mount, the manufacturer will not take any additional deductions.
Outside Mount Instructions - Height
- Measure the height you would like the blind to be by measuring top to bottom of the window opening.
- We recommend adding about 4" to 6" to this number to ensure maximum coverage and to accommodate the headrail.
- The height measurement you provide must include the headrail. Example: if the height ordered is 80" this will be the height including the headrail (from the very top of the headrail to the bottom rail).
- You will mount the headrail on, above or beyond the window frame.
- Some windows have decorative trim which may interfere with mounting; it's important to add to your measurement to mount above the trim. Remember to request extension brackets.
- If the blind extends to the floor for a patio door, deduct at least a ½" from your measurement to allow clearance for the vanes.
* Do not transpose width and height measurements. *
* Finished blind size may vary +/- 1/8". *
Place cursor over image for alternate view.